On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The "Test Tool Shed" is (as I understand it) effectively running
> galaxy-central (presumably updated daily or something like that),
> so it tests the latest and greatest Galaxy code-base and all the
> new Tool Shed features like the new <action> enhancements for
> tool dependency installation. That's fine as a live testbed for
> Galaxy and the Tool Shed itself (although not always ideal for
> us tool developers).

I have to say this was exactly my thoughts when developing a couple of
tools recently.

I would like to have a suitable place where I can test my tools before
promoting them to the Main Tool Shed. Because of the difference in the
code base between Main and Test Tool Sheds, the later is not such a
place. I know I could always run a local Tool Shed, but I feel having
a public place for testing where I can ask for other users to test my
work would be more useful.

Best,
Carlos