> I look forward to some more details from Dan on *.loc
> file setup.

Hi Peter, Dan and all,

What a timely discussion!  I am just in the process of setting up loc files for
some new indexes I have created (bowtie2, etc), and would really like to see
this automated.

I see there is a Galaxy script scripts/loc_files/create_all_fasta_loc.py, which
is quite sophisticated, and does this job nicely for all_fasta.loc.  I'm
feeling an urge to somehow extend this script to cope with other datatypes
besides fasta, but am wondering if this will be wasted effort if there will
soon be a better way to handle this.

Can Dan or anyone else comment on this?

cheers,
Simon