Hello,

I've looked through the archives and I see that this issue has been raised
before
(http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/file-download-returns-empty-file-or-webpage-fails-with-ERR-CONNECTION-CLOSED-tp4415687.html)
 but without a noted resolution.

I am running Apache as proxy but I downloads from multiple machines and
browsers are either empty or return an error after clicking the download
button.

I enabled Apache xsend file:

<Location "/">
XSendFile on
XSendFileAllowAbove on
XSendFilePath /galaxy
</Location>

And configured galaxy to be aware of this in universe_wsgi.ini apache_xsendfile
= True.

I have checked the apache error logs and do not see any issues reported.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've ended up changing apache_xsendfile = false just so that i can download
data. How do I get galaxy apache and xsendfile to work properly?

Cheers,
Ian