Hi Bjoern,

On 21 October 2013 13:38, Bjoern Gruening <bjoern.gruen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one of our users has created a large workflow with > 300 steps. Yes he
> really loves Galaxy :)
> Unfortunately, its not possible to use the graphical user interface
> anymore with so many steps. You can't connect boxes and scrolling is
> also slow.
>
> It there any hint how to solve, any workflow redesign already planned or
> in preparation? I would spend some time in improving it if it's worth.
> Any pointer to the used Javascript library, or is that mainly solved
> with the "workflow in a workflow" GSOC project that was merged recently.

My GSoC project is still under review, pending pull
request:https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/229/nested-workflows

If loading 300 steps all at once is the only culprit, the 'nested
workflows' should be able to address the problem. I do not have any
benchmarking stats though.

Saket