Hi Peter,

> Hello all,
>
> I'm currently trying to define a pair of integer parameters for
> min/max values:
>
> <param name="min_size" type="integer" optional="true" min="0" value=""
>  label="Minimum" help="Optional, but if used you must also supply a
> maximum value." />
> <param name="max_size" type="integer" optional="true" min="0" value=""
>  label="Maximum" help="Optional, but if used you must also supply a
> minimum value." />
>
> As far as I can tell from the documentation, there is no way to write
> a validator which links the two parameters, for example in order to
> insist that min_size <= max_size?

I think you are right, there is no such easy mechanism. I would vote for
a more powerful validator set.

In the meantime you can use a code file to check your variables. Please
have a look at our wip DeSeq2 warpper:

https://github.com/bgruening/galaxytools/tree/master/deseq2

or the excellent blog post from Ross:

http://cloudimaging.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/input-validation-in-galaxy.html