We've noticed a funny about resetting repository metadata from the
toolshed web interface.

My understanding is that this is used to get the toolshed back in sync
with the underlying mercurial repo, for example after pushing updates
from hg on the command line.

It seems that only the person who created the repository can reset
metadata.  I granted authority to make changes to a colleague, which
enables him to push updates, but he doesn't see the reset metadata
entry in the menu.  This seems like a bug to me.  Or is it by design?

Also, is there a reason why this function is necessary at all?
Wouldn't it be better if the toolshed just noticed updates to the
underlying mercurial repo, and reset its own metadata automatically?

cheers,
Simon