Hi Ray,

there is some work in that direction to easily import and export
repositories. The export feature is already integrated and should help
you. You will end up with a tarball with all informations about that
repository and the import should be easier. If you want to work on the
import part, I think your work is more than welcome!

Cheers,
Bjoern