Dear all,

I would like to set up a local Galaxy instance behind an Apache server with our
local CAS for authentication.

It would be great if you could give me a hint for the httpd.conf. I have the
problem that after authenticating against CAS in the browser, I get following
error message and REMOTE_USER doesn't seem to be in the HTTP header for Galaxy
(I can see the REMOTE_USER in the access_log of Apache but not any more in
paster.log of Galaxy).
"Access to Galaxy is denied
Galaxy is configured to authenticate users via an external method (such as HTTP
authentication in Apache), but a username was not provided by the upstream
(proxy) server. This is generally due to a misconfiguration in the upstream
server."

I know that the same question was already asked in the following post but I
haven't seen an option to extend the post and I haven't found an answer.
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/Installing-Galaxy-behind-an-Apache-proxy-using-mod-auth-cas-for-user-auth-tt4660837.html#none

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Sandra