This is not an objection, but do we need bash? Can we live with posix
sh? We should ask this question about every requirement we introduce.

(bash is not part of the default installation of FreeBSD or OpenBSD
for example. bash is unfortunately licensed under GPLV3, so if you are
trying to create an OS not polluted by viral licensing you don't get
bash).

--
James Taylor, Associate Professor, Biology/CS, Emory University