Hi Edgar

please find my comments within your text below:

On 12/11/2013 06:30 PM, fernandez Edgar wrote:
Hello,

My name is Edgar Fernandez. I’m a sys. admin. at University of Montreal.

I’ve been ask by a teacher to check out Galaxy.

So I’ve installed locally on my computer galaxy (I’m running openSUSE
x86_64 but I’ll install it on SUSE Linux ia64).

I’ve executed the run.sh script and I’ve somewhat successfully made the
website work.

I say somewhat because I have a couple of issues:

1.The website is not well displayed (refer to the attachment)

just double checking: have you reloaded your page?

2.I’ve changed the value of host to 0.0.0.0 in the universe_wsgi.ini
file and it still launches to 127.0.0.1

"127.0.0.1" seems correct to me, as this is the loopback address (ie 'localhost'.

I was also wondering if there is a step by step tutorial to install all
the dependencies?

I’m finding myself overwhelmed with all the different dependencies.

well, I recommend, you first make a list of the tools you want to offer in Galaxy, and then figure out which dependencies you actually need. And then use these wiki pages:

https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Tool%20Dependencies
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Dependencies

Regards, Hans-Rudolf

Cordialement / Regards,

**

*Edgar Fernandez*

System Administrator (Linux)

Direction Générale des Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication

(  Bur. : *1-514-343-6111 poste 16568**//*

*//*

*/Université de Montréal/**//*

PAVILLON ROGER-GAUDRY, bureau X-218