Do you have a diff for the Galaxy changes you made? I could provide a
second set of eyes to try to figure out if there is something you
missed.

I would guess the best way to handle this would to have Apache
translate whatever is coming from your Oracle product into a
HTTP_REMOTE_USER header - my intuition is that this is possible but I
am not Apache expert my configuration is try random things I find on
the Internet until one of them works :(.

-John