Hi all,
I have been trying to set up my galaxy instance to use SGE -- I created a
job_conf.xml using the sample as a model and updated the galaxy user bashrc
with the DRMAA_LIBRARY_PATH
export DRMAA_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/sge/lib/lx26-amd64/libdrmaa.so

But when I try to add data to a library I get the error:
Unable to run job due to a misconfiguration of the Galaxy job running system.
Please contact a site administrator.

Not too comforting since I am the administrator.  The error in the log says:
galaxy.jobs.handler DEBUG 2014-01-21 14:57:39,478 (2) Dispatching to drmaa
runner
galaxy.jobs.handler ERROR 2014-01-21 14:57:39,479 put(): (2) Invalid job
runner: drmaa

What does that mean, Invalid job runner?  Does this mean I have an error in my
job_conf.xml?

Here is my job_conf.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<job_conf>
  <plugins workers="4">
    <!-- "workers" is the number of threads for the runner's work queue.
         The default from <plugins> is used if not defined for a <plugin>.
      -->
    <plugin id="sge" type="runner"
load="galaxy.jobs.runners.drmaa:DRMAAJobRunner"/>
  </plugins>
  <handlers default="handlers">
    <!-- Additional job handlers - the id should match the name of a
         [server:<id>] in universe_wsgi.ini.
      -->
    <handler id="main" tags="handlers"/>
  </handlers>
  <destinations default="sge_default">
    <!-- Destinations define details about remote resources and how jobs
         should be executed on those remote resources.
      -->
    <destination id="sge_default" runner="drmaa"/>
    <!-- Define parameters that are native to the job runner plugin. -->
</destinations>
</job_conf>

Thanks for your help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brandi Cantarel, PhD
Bioinformatics Research Scientist
Baylor Institute for Immunology Research
Baylor Health Care System
214-820-9064 (office)

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. This
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies)
to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures
are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended
recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or
distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and possibly
a violation of federal or state law and regulations. Baylor Health Care System,
its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related
to this information.