There is not a way to do this. The exact value of from_work_dir needs
to be known prior to evaluating the cheetah environment. If you need
to variably define the output location - my recommendation would be to
just drop form the from_work_dir attribute and append  "; cp
something/${foo} $test" to the end of your command - this copy has to
be done either way so I don't think this is any less efficient. Let me
know if this doesn't make sense and good luck!

-John