Hi everyone,

I've just recently decided to try out the automatic installation of
dependencies but ran into a few problems.

The first is that the machine that currently runs the web component
lacks most libraries which would be required for compilation.
I realize that this will make it hard/impossible to install anything
using this approach.

The current setup uses Torque to dispatch to workers behind the scenes.
What I would like to know is how to trigger installation (and
re-installation in case of errors) of dependencies on the workers.
I'm ok with doing this manually directly in the shell of the workers,
but would also like to know if the compilation can be setup to happen as
job via Torque, therefore compiling in the computing nodes.

Furthermore, I'm having some problems with a few dependencies that
failed to compile but are still reported as "Installed".

One of such tools is: package_r_2_11_0
Which failed to compile with the errors:

(from INSTALLATION.log)

STDERR
configure: WARNING: you cannot build DVI versions of the R manuals
configure: WARNING: you cannot build DVI versions of all the help pages
configure: WARNING: you cannot build PDF versions of the R manuals
configure: WARNING: you cannot build PDF versions of all the help pages
configure: error: No F77 compiler found

but still reports:

Name    Version Type    Installation status
R       2.11.0  package Installed

Thanks,
Renato