Hi,

If you look in the documentation[1] 'source' is required. 'source'
here means if the 'lib_dataset_id' provided is from a history or a
data library. There used to be at least three options if I remember
correctly, 'hda', 'hdda' and 'ldda'. From the error message Galaxy is
returning it seems like now you need to choose between 'library' or
'hda'.

Assuming you are importing a dataset from a library, try this:
gi.histories.upload_dataset_from_library(historyID, datasetID, 'library')

Or if that doesn't work:
gi.histories.upload_dataset_from_library(historyID, datasetID, 'ldda')

[1]http://bioblend.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api_docs/galaxy/all.html#bioblend.galaxy.histories.HistoryClient.upload_dataset_from_library

Hope it helps,
Carlos