Hi everyone,

I'm using the following xml syntax to populate a multi-selection list in
our Galaxy Server:

<param name="genes" type="select" label="Some list" multiple="true">
  <options from_file="some_list.txt">
    <column name="value" index="0" />
    <column name="name" index="0" />
  </options>
</param>

Depending on the number of entries in the file some_list.txt the list is
rendered differently:

* with less than 20 entries I get a list displaying all items
* with more than 20 entries the list is rendered as a drop-down list
* with a lot more (I don't know the exact cutoff, but like 1000+) I get
the same rendering as with less than 20 entries

I would like galaxy to render the list as a drop-down list independent
of the number of entries. Is there a way to do this?

Regards,
Michael

--
Michael Römer, MSc. Bioinf.