An answer may not be forthcoming because it is easier to say something
is possible then to say it is impossible. I will risk embarrassment
however and say there is not a configuration file in Galaxy to support
this, there is not an alternative solution at this time that I am
aware of. I really don't know how tough this would be to implement - I
imagine object store to use gets picked at a different place from
where permissions are accessed/assigned and roles can change over the
lifetime of a dataset but I don't think there is infrastructure right
now to support moving datasets from one object store to another.

If you wanted to hack on this I would start by looking at the object
store code:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/src/6a633b37c4c47bba640d05fef72fd73f41ae5086/lib/galaxy/objectstore/__init__.py?at=default.

Hope this helps.

-John