Hi Carl,

Am 03.03.2014 21:13, schrieb Carl Eberhard:
Hey, Bjoern

Not sure whether a pull request or a toolshed repo would be best, but: if
you decide on a toolshed repo, graphview as it is should be able to use
your datatypes if they include a 'node-edge' dataprovider.

How can that work? If we migrate all graph-datatypes to the toolshed, graphview needs to depend on it, or?

Maybe you can comment on my rough plan for that project:

- Graph converter, Tool (every format into every other including json)
- individual converter to 'auto-convert' every datatype implicitly by Galaxy
- both are networkx based, so not sure that can be included in Galaxy Main, we need at least a new egg - write a dataprovider that provides json for every format to graphview (omitting the reconstruction of a graph, again in JS) - enhance the graphview interface a little bit, some control elements, ideally an export function to SVG, PNG
- add filtering to the graphview

I must admit, that I haven’t looked much into the details of the JS code of graphview but as far as I see its d3.js based and I hope the last two points are more or less easy with d3.js

Do you have any ToDo items on your list regarding graphview? Should I create a Trello Card for it?

Thanks,
Bjoern

Also, graphview is on my list - but most likely I won't get to it in the
near future.

Let me know if I can help with any of your changes,
Carl