Hi Ravi

I don't quite understand question. It looks like you are mixing up two different things? A few comments, which might clarify and help you:

 - the postgresql db does not store the data. It tracks the users,
   their jobs and their histories. Hence, it stays pretty small.

 - the actual data is stored in ~/galaxy_dist/database/files/
   And this directory (or rather its numbered subdirectories) can grow
   pretty quickly - depending on the kind of jobs you run.

 - there are clean-up scripts which you can use to remove 'deleted'
history items (ie the data), see: https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/Purge%20Histories%20and%20Datasets

Hope this helps, Hans-Rudolf