Hi, Michael

It was good meeting you in Athens. You guys are doing amazing things.

There currently is no mechanism to install a plugin (either hook or
visualization) from the toolshed. I think it's certainly possible (and
planned) in the future.

I haven't added any hooks for plugins. I would hope there would be some
discussion as to the which places in the code would be the most useful and
desired within the community. Hopefully, that discussion can be sparked
soon.

As to the whether we can implement an admin link to reload the entire tool
shed without restarting Galaxy: I talked a bit to Greg about it and it
might be more possible and easier to reload entire tool sections (for
example, 'Data sources'). Would that work for your use case?

Carl

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Michael E. Cotterell <mepcotter...@gmail.com