Hi all,

       I followed the instruction on
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/ProductionServer and
managed to migrate to a postgresql on a Ubuntu machine. However when I tried on
a CentOS 6.5, it failed.The steps are:

1.       Create psql user galaxy: under psql prompt,

a.       CREATE USER galaxy WITH PASSWORD 'galaxy';

b.      CREATE DATABASE galaxy;

c.       GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE galaxy to galaxy;

2.       test the created account: change authentication method to password in
pg_hba.conf  and the username/password works

3.       add postgresql://galaxy:galaxy@localhost/galaxy to universal_wsgi.ini

4.       sh run.sh gave me the error saying  FATAL: Ident authentication failed
for user "galaxy"

5.       even I changed back to the default IDENT authentication for postgresql
in pg_hba.conf, the same error message appeared.

Could anyone help me to spot the error here?

Best regards!
Jun