> On 31.03.2014 22:58,  Smithies, Russell:
>>
>> Does anyone have a workable solution to managing and
>> displaying large lists in tool wrappers?
>> eg.  a database list containing hundreds of enteries in the
>> blast+ tool? (we have 1,056 different blast databases).

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Björn Grüning
<bjoern.gruen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Russell,
>
> would something like a http://ivaynberg.github.io/select2/ field
> work for you?

Which bit of that do you mean Bjoern? Galaxy already does searching
within the drop down box (when the list is above some threshold
in length) which is very handy.

Mind you, we currently have under a hundred BLAST databases
defined in our *.loc files, so this is an order of magnitude less
than Russell's setup.

> What do you mean with <include> tags? Are you aware of Galaxy macros?
> https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/ToolConfigSyntax#Direct_XML_Macros
>
> Cheers,
> Bjoern

Since it looks like you are modifying the BLAST+ wrappers, they
are already using Galaxy macros - you probably only need to
change the ncbi_macros.xml file once and have this work on
all of BLASTP, BLASTN, etc.

i.e. Modify the input_conditional_nucleotide_db and
input_conditional_protein_db definitions (and potentially the
token @BLAST_DB_SUBJECT@ where those parameters
are inserted in the the Cheetah command line template):

https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/blob/master/tools/ncbi_blast_plus/ncbi_macros.xml

Regards,