>> When I used SnpEff in local galaxy instance, I got an error:
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>> ca/mcgill/mcb/pcingola/snpSift/SnpSift : Unsupported major.minor version
>> 51.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at
>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.j

>Which Java version do you use. Please make sure you are running Java 1.7.

Yes, it is figured, when I changed the java version to 1.7. Thank you so much!

But, I got another error for snpEff.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Property: 'dm5.30.genome' not found
        at ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.interval.Genome.<init>(Genome.java:92)
        at
ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.Config.readGenomeConfig(Config.java:481)
        at ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.Config.readConfig(Config.java:444)
        at ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.Config.init(Config.java:345)
        at ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.Config.<init>(Config.java:96)
        at
ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.commandLine.SnpEff.readConfig(SnpEff.java:245)
        at
ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.commandLine.SnpEffCmdEff.run(SnpEffCmdEff.java:981)
        at
ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.commandLine.SnpEffCmdEff.run(SnpEffCmdEff.java:963)
        at
ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.commandLine.SnpEff.run(SnpEff.java:352)
        at
ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.commandLine.SnpEff.run(SnpEff.java:320)
        at
ca.mcgill.mcb.pcingola.snpEffect.commandLine.SnpEff.main(SnpEff.java:83)

What does this mean? I found the similar error on this thead
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/snpEff-on-Galaxy-td4659332.html, but there is
no reply.

Does this mean I need to add genome to Galaxy? Following this webpage:
http://snpeff.sourceforge.net/SnpEff_manual.html? If yes, could you give me an
example how to edit the snpEffect.xml file in dm (Drosophila) case as below?
(In fact, on the drap-down menu of Genome in snpEff, there is different options
for genome. Why the error shows '*.genome' not found? )

<param name="genomeVersion" type="select" label="Genome">
                <option value="hg37">Human (hg37)<option>
                <option value="mm37.61">Mouse (mm37.61)<option>
        <param>

> When I used SnpEff in local galaxy instance, I got an error:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> ca/mcgill/mcb/pcingola/snpSift/SnpSift : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.j

Which Java version do you use. Please make sure you are running Java 1.7.

> Also, when I used the FASTQ Summary Statistics, I got an error like this:
> Traceback (most recent call last): File
> "/Users/...../softwares/shed_tools/toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/devteam/fastq_stats/9b7b4e0ca9db/fastq_stats/fastq_stats.py",
>  line 48, in if __name__ == "__main__": main() File "/Users/...

Can you give us the complete error message. The important part is missing.

Ciao,
Bjoern