I broke your Galaxy and did so intentionally - I feel bad about that.
The way Galaxy was serving out XML content allowed XSS attacks between
users -
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/using-svg-foreignObject-tags-can-circumvent-html-sanitization-td4663390.html.

If you aren't running a public instance, one could just set
serve_xss_vulnerable_mimetypes to True in your universe_wsgi.ini file
to disable the changed behavior. There are some relevant Trello cards
referenced in that e-mail for longer term fixes more appropriate for
public servers or servers where you don't or cannot trust your users.

-John