Hi Wolfgang

short answer:

Please, put your package into the Galaxy Tool Shed. This makes it visible to the whole Galaxy community and everybody can profit from it.

long answer:

I have been in the same boat. We never put the Galaxy wrappers and the perl scripts of our old NGS pipeline into the Tool Shed. I do feel bad about this. My excuse has always been that too much local customization would be necessary, eg making possible to store data outside the Galaxy directory tree. Hence, we only distributed the package as bunch of files on request. Obviously, there were hardly any requests.

Now we are in a similar situation. We are in the process of making our new R/Bioconductor based NGS pipeline available on our internal Galaxy server. And the code is far from being ready to be put into the Tool Shed. But this time we will make the effort. So the Galaxy community can benefit from it (@Dave Clements: Unfortunately, it won't be ready for Baltimore).

Regards, Hans-Rudolf