There is certainly no flag in Galaxy to allow this.

Even if you tried to hack it in - there would be some problems. Galaxy
writes out some files to that working directory before running the job
- so there would need to be more chown-ing and stuff happening at the
beginning of the job - probably before it even got to the runner
component. If Galaxy could assume these directories already existed
and didn't need to run the jobs as the real user - this would be a lot
easier (not easy, just easier) to hack into Galaxy - but I assume you
want to run these jobs as the real user.

I've created a Trello card for this request: https://trello.com/c/n1UitJTb.

Sorry I don't have better news.

-John