Hi folks,

A few days ago, I asked how Galaxy maintains its knowledge of the user,
even if the user hasn't logged in, such that two different anonymous users
see their respective histories (and not each other's) when they return to
Galaxy sometime later.  I got the response that I was guessing I might get:
session cookies.  Next question: how can I access those cookies / that
information from within my Galaxy tool?

I remember seeing somewhere that there is an internal variable that gives
me the username, if the user is logged in.  What is that variable, and what
is its value if the user has not logged in?

Thanks!

Melissa