On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Eric Rasche <rasche.e...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> For those reading this thread from the future, there's a secret to
> adding completely new datatypes locally (and not through a toolshed).
>
> You have to manually edit lib/galaxy/datatypes/registry.py and import
> the module you've written at the top of the file.
>
> For instance, if you add a new "gbk.py" datatype, you'll need to add
> "import gbk" to the top of registry.py. This will cause your errors to
> go away and your datatype to be loaded on startup.
>
> Thanks to John Chilton for answering this on IRC.
>
> Cheers,
> Eric

Indeed - sorry I hadn't spotted that complication.

The README files for these datatype extensions may help:

https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/tree/master/datatypes/blast_datatypes
https://github.com/peterjc/pico_galaxy/tree/master/datatypes/mira_datatypes

I have to do this manually with some sed magic in my TravisCI
automated set setup, see:

http://blastedbio.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/using-travis-ci-for-testing-galaxy-tools.html