I'm in an odd situation:  I was given an older version of Galaxy with
additional tools built into it by a new faculty member.  He brought this from
his former institutions and wanted us to run his Galaxy instance on our
systems.  We don't want to support several instances so we agreed to put his
tools into our Galaxy implementation.  However, we are running into all kinds
of snags.  The latest issue is that we realized changes have been made to
upload.py to allow for additional data types.  Here's an example of what I mean:

def check_bam( temp_name ):
    return Bam().sniff( temp_name )
def check_sff( temp_name ):
    return Sff().sniff( temp_name )
def check_celstgz( temp_name ):
    return CelsTgz().sniff( temp_name )

While this doesn't seem like a big deal to add those changes into our
installation, I'm concerned that doing so will make us unable to update Galaxy
in the future.  Can you either confirm or deny that changes to upload.py on our
system will be overwritten with Galaxy updates?

Thanks,
Dori

Dori Sajdak
Senior Systems Administrator