Okay - I am replying in thread but I not to your original message
because there might be private stuff in the log you sent me. It looks
like you were trying to install fastqdump from the main tool shed. So
I setup a fresh Galaxy instance this morning and the only two things I
changed in the universe_wsgi.ini file were admin_users and
tool_dependency_dir (required to install tool dependencies) and this
install worked for me. Your error message had "Bad Status Line" in it
- so it sounds like you were getting non-sense back from the tool
shed.

This could be because there is some proxy interfering with this
request, it could be that it was just an intermittent problem with the
tool shed, or ... some configuration problem potentially? I am not
sure.

It looks like you had cloned galaxy-dist directly - I think it is
better to stay on a particular branch - I would do this:

hg pull
hg update latest_2014.08.11

To make sure you have the latest and greatest Galaxy and then retry?

If you still have problems and it is the same strack trace - please
let me know. Next up would be to eliminate the proxy theory - not sure
how to do that though :(.

-John