Hi,

I have a question regarding the user authentication of Galaxy.

As to my knowledge galaxy uses http, also for the authentication, so the User
Email and the password are send in clear text.

As I like to use Galaxy for user-authentication and due several disadvantages
not an external authentification like described here
(https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/ExternalUserDatbases):
Is there any way of using https or an encryption-method for sending user email
and password.

With kind regards,
Matthias Enders