  ServerName <our.server.fqdn>
  DocumentRoot "/var/www/"
  <Directory "/var/www/">
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
  </Directory>
  Redirect permanent / https://<our.server.fqdn>/
</VirtualHost>

Ours is managed with puppet so I've tried to redact the non-relevant
blocks, but that should work for you.

Cheers,
Eric

On 08/25/2014 03:03 PM, Shrum, Donald C wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a galaxy install with an apache proxy and ldap authentication.
>
> <Location />
>    RequestHeader set X-URL-SCHEME https
>    AuthBasicProvider ldap
>   Other stuff....
> </Location>
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^/static/style/(.*)
/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]
> RewriteRule ^/static/scripts/(.*)
/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/scripts/packed/$1 [L]
> RewriteRule ^/static/(.*)
/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/$1 [L]
> RewriteRule ^/favicon.ico
/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/favicon.ico [L]
> RewriteRule ^/robots.txt
/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/robots.txt [L]
> RewriteRule ^(.*) http://144.174.51.187:8080$1 [P]
>
> What is the best way to manage the redirect from http to https for the
authentication?

Eric Rasche
Programmer II
Center for Phage Technology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843
404-692-2048 <tel:4046922048>
e...@tamu.edu <mailto:e...@tamu.edu>
--
Eric Rasche Programmer II Center for Phage Technology Texas A&M
University College Station, TX 77843 404-692-2048 e...@tamu.edu