Hi Eric

I'm not sure that he is using a virtual host on 443.  I suppose that a
"redirect permanent" would work in either case, but I was thinking along the
lines of:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on

RewriteRule ^/?(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]

RewriteRule ^/static/style/(.*)
/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/static/scripts/(.*)
/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/scripts/packed/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/static/(.*) /panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/favicon.ico
/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/favicon.ico [L]

RewriteRule ^/robots.txt /panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/static/robots.txt
[L]
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://144.174.51.187:8080$1 [P]

What do you think?

Iyad Kandalaft