Hi

As part of my upgrade/testing work, I am looking at the visualization plugins.


In a new galaxy installation ("latest_2014.08.11"), they (ie 'Charts', 'Scatterplot', and 'Trackster') seem to work fine.


All I have done was:

 - I defined the visualization_plugins_directory in the
   universe_wsgi.ini file

If I comment-out this line, I only get trackster, when I click on the icon which looks like a bar-plot



Next, I have tried it on our development server (after I have upgraded from "release_2014.04.14" to "latest_2014.08.11"). I changed the universe_wsgi.ini file.

I the logs I get:

galaxy.web.base.pluginframework INFO 2014-08-27 09:43:45,639 VisualizationsRegistry, loaded plugin: charts galaxy.web.base.pluginframework WARNING 2014-08-27 09:43:45,641 VisualizationsRegistry, plugin load failed or disabled: ./config/plugins/visualizations/circster. Skipping... galaxy.web.base.pluginframework INFO 2014-08-27 09:43:45,655 VisualizationsRegistry, loaded plugin: graphview galaxy.web.base.pluginframework INFO 2014-08-27 09:43:45,657 VisualizationsRegistry, loaded plugin: phyloviz galaxy.web.base.pluginframework INFO 2014-08-27 09:43:45,675 VisualizationsRegistry, loaded plugin: scatterplot galaxy.web.base.pluginframework WARNING 2014-08-27 09:43:45,677 VisualizationsRegistry, plugin load failed or disabled: ./config/plugins/visualizations/sweepster. Skipping... galaxy.web.base.pluginframework INFO 2014-08-27 09:43:45,679 VisualizationsRegistry, loaded plugin: trackster

wrt to 'Charts', 'Scatterplot', and 'Trackster', this looks fine to me.


However, if I hoover over the bar-plot icon, "Visualize in Trackster" pops up (instead of just "Visualize"), and when I click on it I get straight to the Trackster page, where, I am asked to define the Browser name and the Reference genome. No links for 'Charts' and 'Scatterplot'.

On the other hand, the plug in infrastructure seems to work: If I change ~/config/plugins/visualizations/trackster/config/trackster.xml I see the effects, ie if I change

result_type="datatype">data.Data<
to
result_type="datatype">interval.Interval

I can restrict the visualization to only the interval data.


Somehow, I am running a mixture of the 'old' and the 'new' visualization set-up ?

Has anyone seen similar problems when testing the new plug in infrastructure on an old/upgraded Galaxy installation

Thank you very much for any hints and help


Hans-Rudolf







--



Hans-Rudolf Hotz, PhD
Bioinformatics Support

Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research
Maulbeerstrasse 66
4058 Basel/Switzerland
___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
 http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
 http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/

Reply via email to