Hello Peter,

  For both of your questions it would be very helpful to know what
version of Galaxy you are using (which tagged version or output of hg
id -i).

  I noticed you have min on your repeat - this did not work for the
older Twill test runner historically (and may still not) but it isn't
a problem for the newer API test framework. This next release will
switch the default test framework to the newer API one but this is not
the default for any past tagged releases - unless your Galaxy is
really old you should be able to execute "export
GALAXY_TEST_DEFAULT_INTERACTOR=api"  in the shell before running tests
to get the newer behavior. This fixes a lot of problems.

  The older runner will also not accept the syntax <param
name="operations_0|operation|name' value="..." /> but the newer runner
should no problem.

  Hope this gives you some ideas on how to proceed.

-John