Dear all

One of my users has encountered a problem with extracting a workflow from a
history in our local Galaxy installation (tag latest_2014.08.11, changeset
14342:db520d154716).

The history was created with a version of a local tool which has since been
updated, and the extraction page warns that the newer version of the tool will
be used for those datasets i.e.:

Dataset was created with tool version "0.0.4", but workflow extraction will use
version "0.0.7".

However when the extraction is run it fails immediately: the user sees the
"Internal Server Error" page, and in the log I see:
=====
Error - <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'platform'
File
'/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/web/framework/middleware/error.py',
 line 149 in __call__
  app_iter = self.application(environ, sr_checker)
File
'/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/eggs/Paste-1.7.5.1-py2.6.egg/paste/recursive.py',
 line 84 in __call__
  return self.application(environ, start_response)
File
'/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/eggs/Paste-1.7.5.1-py2.6.egg/paste/httpexceptions.py',
 line 633 in __call__
  return self.application(environ, start_response)
File '/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/web/framework/base.py',
line 132 in __call__
  return self.handle_request( environ, start_response )
File '/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/web/framework/base.py',
line 190 in handle_request
  body = method( trans, **kwargs )
File
'/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/controllers/workflow.py',
 line 1220 in build_from_current_history
  workflow_name=workflow_name
File '/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/workflow/extract.py', line
30 in extract_workflow
  steps = extract_steps( trans, history=history, job_ids=job_ids,
dataset_ids=dataset_ids, dataset_collection_ids=dataset_collection_ids )
File '/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/workflow/extract.py', line
104 in extract_steps
  tool_inputs, associations = step_inputs( trans, job )
File '/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/workflow/extract.py', line
271 in step_inputs
  associations = __cleanup_param_values( tool.inputs, param_values )
File '/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/workflow/extract.py', line
330 in __cleanup_param_values
  cleanup( "", inputs, values )
File '/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/workflow/extract.py', line
327 in cleanup
  group_values = values[input.name]
KeyError: 'platform'
=====

'platform' is a conditional parameter that was introduced into the tool between
the two versions. It looks like when tying to use the newer verison of the new
tool, that the new parameter is not getting picked up. Is this expected
behaviour?

(Btw I've seen a similar issue i.e. the "KeyError: 'platform' exception when I
have the two versions of this tool installed from a local toolshed, and try
switching between to the newer one from the older one.)

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Peter Briggs peter.bri...@manchester.ac.uk
Bioinformatics Core Facility University of Manchester
B.1083 Michael Smith Bldg Tel: (0161) 2751482