Hi Julie!

The action resolves at the completion time of the job it is attached to,
deleting datasets of any other already-completed jobs in that workflow
which are not marked as an output step (with a highlighted snowflake).
This will *not* delete datasets of any job marked as an output.

Perhaps the confusion is that they're also marked as 'hidden' since they
are not output steps?

The general use-case for this is to put it on one of the 'final' steps of a
workflow (or multiple if you have a workflow with two long parallel tracks)
to clean up and delete datasets from intermediate jobs (which have already
completed) that you don't want to save as an output.

-Dannon