I don't think anything like this is currently possible - we are
working on some structural changes to workflow evaluation that should
allow for the addition of stuff like this more easily (right now after
all the jobs are queued up by Galaxy - to some large approximation
Galaxy doesn't really reason about the workflows as a whole and
instead just considers them a bunch of steps so this would be awkward
to implement currently).

I have created a Trello card for this - and some of the preconditions
that would be needed. Please vote!

https://trello.com/c/LI2YAHyj

-John