From: Daniel Blankenberg [d...@bx.psu.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 8:08 AM
To: Dooley, Damion
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Tool development: Is it possible to pass a user's id
in dynamic_options() parameter?

Hi Damion,

Text fields are not currently able to be populated by dynamic_options, but in a
dynamic_options select list you could access the user’s username directly. If
you want the user to be able to override it, you could have a conditionally
used empty text box that your tool defaults to using when it is populated.

An example that you might want to look at could be the GenomeSpace Export tool
(tools/genomespace/genomespace_exporter.*), which queries the GenomeSpace API
to get a list of available folders for export for a specific user using
attributes of the current user’s preferences (GenomeSpace username and token).
It generates a drill_down type select parameter, but the same can be done for a
standard select list.

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Dan