Hi Damion,

In the genomespace exporter case, the call to
“dynamic_options="galaxy_code_get_genomespace_folders( genomespace_site =
'prod', trans=__trans__, value=__value__, input_dataset=input1,
base_url=base_url )””  is passing in trans, which it is using to determine user
and an attribute of the user. You could then check to see if trans.user is not
None, and then get trans.user.username.

You may be able to access user or username here by the more recently added
“__user__” or even “__user_name__” / “__user_id__” / “__user_email__" variables
directly, but I didn’t test that they were available in this dynamic_options
context example (if they are available, they would be preferred over accessing
trans).

For accessing a user’s API key, this trello card is of interest:
https://trello.com/c/hL4NYsSp/2108-request-from-jxtx-provide-consistent-interface-to-tools-for-communicating-with-the-api.
 Of course the Key can be obtained directly from the user object as well.

Hope this helps,

Dan