Hi Team,

I am sorry to be a pest, but I am under-the-gun to get this resolved.  I have
followed the instructions for installing GATK2 on my cloud VM.  After doing
that I discovered that the version of java running on the VM was v1.6.x and
GATK2 required v1.7.0x.  I removed version 6 and installed version 7,
uninstalled GATK2 and reinstalled it and reset all of the settings that may
have reverted with the uninstalls/reinstalls.  Now when I run Unified Genotyper
I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/broadinstitute/gatk/engine/CommandLineGATK : Unsupported major.minor
version 51.0
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: org.broadinstitute.gatk.engine.CommandLineGATK.
Program will exit.

Researching this I found a post at
http://gatkforums.broadinstitute.org/discussion/3378/gatk2-error-when-i-tested-it-after-installing
 that refers to upgrading java as the solution.  However, that did not fix the
issue.  In addition I copied the jar file to a temp directory and unzipped it
to examine the MANAFEST.MF file for versioning issues.  This is what I found:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Build-Jdk: 1.7.0_51
Built-By: gsa-engineering
Created-By: Apache Maven
Main-Class: org.broadinstitute.gatk.engine.CommandLineGATK
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver

          This tells me that there is something else causing the problem.  Does
anyone have an idea where to look now?

Regards,Iry

The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and
is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you believe you received this email
by mistake, please notify the sender by return email as soon as possible.