Andrew,

Thanks for investigating this. I changed the subject and sent to the galaxy dev
list.

I've had a number of tools quit working recently.   Particularly tools that
inspect the extra_files_path when setting metadata, Defuse, Rsem, SnpEff.

I think there was a change in the galaxy framework:
The extra_files_path when referenced from an input or output in the cheetah
template sections of the tool config xml will be relative to the job working
directly rather than the files location.
I've just changed a few of my tools on my server yesterday
from: <param_name>.extra_files_path
to:   <param_name>.dataset.extra_files_path
and they now work again.

Dan or John, is that the right way to handle this?
Thanks,

JJ