Hey Peter,

Dave is out this week - so I have tried to fumble around and see if I
could make some progress on this. I found some bugs in a recent commit
and fixed them - that might help
(https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/b81798f94dc0fd14de1d585ed7e57f820f998fae).
I also have enabled more verbose logging that might help those
"History in error state" exceptions
(https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/a799879a82c54c2d1afec6e33d8918479bbf2373)
but I am not sure it will propagate through to the tool shed API - we
will see I guess.

If the install and test framework just picks up the latest central -
these fixes will hopefully be reflected in the next run.

-John