After updating my local instance of Galaxy to latest_2014.10.06 I get a number of similar errors relating to DisplayApplications.

It seems that others have run into this problem as well (see http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/Assertion-errors-when-starting-Galaxy-td4665805.html), but as of yet I haven't figured out the cause (or a workaround or solution).

An example is below:

galaxy.datatypes.registry ERROR 2014-12-11 10:57:01,183 Error loading display application (./display_applications/igv/vcf.xml): Filename and id attributes required for dynamic_links
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/data/galaxy-dev/galaxy-dev/lib/galaxy/datatypes/registry.py", line 576, in load_display_applications
    display_app = DisplayApplication.from_file( config_path, self )
File "/data/galaxy-dev/galaxy-dev/lib/galaxy/datatypes/display_applications/application.py", line 170, in from_file return cls.from_elem( parse_xml( filename ).getroot(), datatypes_registry ) File "/data/galaxy-dev/galaxy-dev/lib/galaxy/datatypes/display_applications/application.py", line 183, in from_elem for link in DynamicDisplayApplicationBuilder( dynamic_links, rval, datatypes_registry.build_sites ): File "/data/galaxy-dev/galaxy-dev/lib/galaxy/datatypes/display_applications/application.py", line 91, in __init__ assert filename is not None, 'Filename and id attributes required for dynamic_links'
AssertionError: Filename and id attributes required for dynamic_links

Note: Cross posted on Galaxy Biostars site: https://biostar.usegalaxy.org/p/9944/

--
Lance Parsons - Scientific Programmer
134 Carl C. Icahn Laboratory