Pieter -

Sorry for the delay - I am not sure how to respond - but I am trying
to get through my e-mail backlog before winter break.

I think this could be kind of cool - stuff has been added to the top
of that tool run screen lately and probably more will be added soon. I
think an option to basically take the JSON that an API request would
take and populate the form would be possible and a lot easier now that
Sam has rewritten the form in JavaScript so everything can be more
easily dynamic.

We had a tool developer meeting (which we probably should have
announced here on -dev instead of just on github in retrospect) and
one of the ideas that came out of that was the option to take an
existing tool run and basically extract a tool test XML block to stick
into the tool - I imagine the mechanism for doing tool parameter sets
could be similar.

It would also be something useful for disseminating say properties in
papers that is lighter than whole workflows or histories.

So I like it - but it is probably not a top priority for the devteam
at this time - happy to review pull requests though of course.

-John