Hi Galaxy developers,

In our Elixir project (http://www.elixir-europe.org/), Norway, we have five
geographically distributed Galaxy instances. Each is working on a local cluster
(mostly SLURM). We are planning to interconnect those five clusters using a
meta-scheduler ARC (http://www.nordugrid.org/arc/), to achieve load balancing,
so that a galaxy job can be reallocated to an external cluster in case that the
local cluster is saturated.

ARC manages the interconnection very well. What we need is to create a Galaxy
job handler for ARC. Is there a general template or interface for a job
handler, i.e. for defining job submission commands ... etc.?

and how to compile and integrate this new job handler and integrate it into the
Galaxy installation?

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,
Abdulrahman Azab

Head engineer, ELIXIR.NO / The Genomic HyperBrowser team
Department of Informatics, University of Oslo, Boks 1072 Blindern, NO-0316
OSLO, Norway
Email: a...@ifi.uio.no, Cell-phone: +47 46797339
----
Senior Lecturer in Computer Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, University of Mansoura, 35516-Mansoura, Egypt
Email: abdulrahman.a...@mans.edu.eg</owa/abdulrahman.a...@mans.edu.eg>