On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Marco Albuquerque
<marcoalbuquerque....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Galaxy,
>
> I'm currently working on adding some tools and am having an issue with
> DELLY.
>
> So, I am under the impression that BAM indexing happens automatically when a
> BAM is uploaded. However there is no associated dataset_i.dat.bai file in
> the file location in my local instance of galaxy.
>
> There is however metadata which seems to be created but they are not being
> linked together. What I mean to say is DELLY errors with cannot find Bam
>
> I was curious if there is a specific way developers are suppose to work
> around this? Basically we want to avoid having to provide both the BAM and
> BAM index and symbolically linking a new dataset because we know you have
> already created a better implementation, we just want to use it and don't
> know how.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated,
>
> Marco

I think the symlink approach is best, see for example the Python
wrapper script I used here for "samtools idxstats",
https://github.com/peterjc/pico_galaxy/tree/master/tools/samtools_idxstats

However, you can make the link in the XML directly, see Dave's
reworking of this wrapper:
https://github.com/galaxyproject/tools-devteam/tree/master/tool_collections/samtools/samtools_idxstats

Regards,