Hi Martin - Following up on this - I think your API folder delete commit is :
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/8f76a6abc5d7d5c98b6c148c4cfe75cc1c159e90
  ?  I was wondering how to find out more about this API call.  Not knowing the
guts of the Galaxy API code much, is it a call like:

http://[my galaxy]/api/folders/[my folder id]/delete

I haven't tested since I haven't played with "Next-stable" galaxy branch.  When
roughly does that get woven into stable or default?

Regards,

Damion