It was only ever used for one tool that I know of, but we should make
it work since we try to never break backward compatibility. If you add
the 'history=None' kwarg is that sufficient to fix the problem?

However, I think a better solution to this problem is to build it into
dataset parameters. Anywhere a dataset can be provided it should be an
option to provide a library dataset. Then one could imagine an option
to restrict to only library datasets and a specific library.

-- jt