On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Jorrit Boekel
<jorrit.boe...@scilifelab.se> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m testing the latest galaxy-central (rev 15961:63d901ca0e6e) to try out
> dataset collections. First thing I run into is that things don’t seem to run
> well when running it on a VM (port forwarded) with nginx. If I click on tools
> I get a white screen instead of tool options, and the log show an error from
> lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/api/tools.py : Checking parameter file failed.
>
> The setup: URL would be galaxydomain.com:3030, which the VM manager forwards
> to port 80 on the galaxy VM, which there nginx would forward to port 8080.
> Now, my nginx is set up to work with older galaxy versions, I don’t know if
> that matters. I haven’t changed any config files at all yet.
>
> When I turn off nginx and serve directly on port 80 (using sudo), things look
> like they work. At least the tools look like they should. Has the nginx
> config to use changed recently or is this some weird artefact? Anyone else
> seen it? Since I’m just goofing around to see how collections work, it is not
> the end of the world for me, and I know galaxy-dist is the stable one, but
> still.

I have not seen this and haven't heard of anyone else - it probably
doesn't have anything to do with -central versus -stable though - I
don't think I have seen any changes related to this recently. Are you
sure you have setup all the same configuration options in your new
Galaxy instance (e.g. nginx_x_archive_files_base,
nginx_x_accel_redirect_base, nginx_upload_store, nginx_upload_path,
remote_user, etc...)? Also do you have the same number of web threads
and handler threads or both instances - if you configured you older
instance to use multiple processes your new instance will need to be
configured to do this as well.

Otherwise I am out of ideas - sorry. Good luck with dataset
collections - there is still a lot of work that needs to be done in
-central for collections for sure but I am really excited about the
potential proteomics applications.

-John